The Western Ventura County Employer Advisory Council presents its Half Day Seminar
May 13, 2015
Playing it Safe in the Workplace
Learn about workers compensation classifications, experience modifications, ownership, and the final premium audit from Safety and WCIRB experts.
We will cover:
· Cal/OSHA Enforcement and Consultation overview
· Current Cal/OSHA hot topics including confined spaces and recent changes to the heat illness prevention regulation
· Hazard Communication and Globally Harmonized System (GHS) 2015 implementation dates
· Ladder safety
· The most cited Cal/OSHA regulations including the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP), Hazard Communication, Lockout/Blockout, Reporting Work-Related Injuries and Illnesses, and Electrical issues
· The WCIRB's role in the California workers' comp insurance system
· How your business is classified for workers’ comp insurance
· What you should expect at your final audit
· How an experience modification impacts your bottom line
· Who you can contact when you have questions about workers' comp
Dan Leiner is the Area Manager of the San Fernando Valley Cal/OSHA Consultation Service office in Van Nuys and has over 20 years of experience in the health and safety field. He has been the Area Manager since 2000. Prior to being the Area Manager, he was an industrial hygiene consultant for six years with Cal/OSHA’s Santa Fe Springs’ consultation office. Dan is an instructor with the University of California, San Diego’s OSHA Training Institute Education Center.
Tim Beery is the WCIRB’s Outreach and Education Specialist, and regularly provides presentations to groups of insurers, agents/brokers, and employers. Tim has been with the WCIRB for 13 years and enjoys helping others understand the California’s workers’ comp system.
Tom Wagner is a Team Leader in the WCIRB’s Classification and Test Audit department. Tom has more than 28 years of experience at the WCIRB and is an expert in classifying businesses for workers’ compensation.
This event is held at the Courtyard Marriott
600 Esplanade Drive in Oxnard
7:30 am - 12:00 pm
Half Day Seminar
7:30 am Registration and Breakfast
8:00 am Presentation Begins
8:00 – 9:45 WCIRB – Tim Beery & Tom Wagner
10:00 – 11:45 OSHA Compliance Officer – Dan Leiner
12:00 noon Adjourn
$75.00 for Breakfast/Half Day Seminar
Mail your check and reservation form by May 8, 2015 to:
Western Ventura County Employer Advisory Council
P.O. Box 52012
Oxnard CA 93031
For payment and registration options follow the link below:
If paying by company check please make sure your name is on the check
No credit after 5:00 pm on Friday, May 8, 2015
After May 8, 2015 requires $85.00 payment for seminar
EDD, an equal opportunity employer/program, is a partner in this event. Auxiliary aids and service are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Requests for services, aids, and/or alternative formats need to be made prior to the event by calling 805-382-8627 (voice). TTY users please call the California Relay Service at 711.
This presentation is provided for educational and informational purposes only; it does not constitute an endorsement of the curriculum or speakers by the State of California Employment Development Department (EDD) or by the Western Ventura County Employer Advisory Council (EAC). Aside from staff designated to represent EDD, we assume no responsibility for the accuracy, legality or content of the materials provided during this event.